| NATIONAL 2010 GOALS FOR CSHCN
Mission & Policy Statements Core Values Steering Committee
National 2010 Goals for Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
of its national agenda, the Maternal & Child Health Bureau has adopted
six goals for children with special health care needs and their families.
Healthy People 2010 has incorporated them into the nation’s health
objectives for this decade.
The Consortium adopted these same six goals, and worked to make them a reality in Massachusetts:
1. Families of children with special health care needs will partner in decision-making at all levels and will be satisfied with the services they receive.
2. All children with special health care needs will receive coordinated, ongoing, comprehensive care within a medical home.
3. All families of children with special health care needs will have adequate private and/or public insurance to pay for the services they need.
4. All children will be screened early and continuously for special health care needs.
5. Community-based service systems will be organized so families can use them easily.
6. All youth with special health care needs will receive the services necessary to make transitions to all aspects of adult life, including adult health care, work and independence.